2016 Year in Review: Remembering the first Southeastern Symposium on Mental Health
Translating Research into Practice and Policy: Trends in Adult Psychiatry
The Southeastern Symposium on Mental Health provides an opportunity for stakeholders to collaborate across disciplines and share research findings utilizing evidence-based outcomes in order to improve patient-centered care.
This event will promote a regional and national platform for the significant challenges and common struggles associated with living with mental illness. In 2016, our primary stakeholders include South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia. In the future, we will expand our geographic region to include Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia.
The Southeastern Symposium on Mental Health will advance the welfare of our communities through improving access to mental health care, knowledge, and education. We are excited about the diversity of our program and the culmination of our collaborative efforts. We look forward to your participation in this pivotal event.
- Develop synergistic relationships among stakeholders, caregivers, academicians, healthcare professionals and community partners
- Foster dialogue and promote awareness of current trends in mental health treatment, practice, and research to achieve equity for mental health outcomes
- Encourage mental health advocacy and work towards the eradication of stigma and discrimination surrounding mental illness and mental health treatment
- Improve access to mental health care through dissemination of information and resources
- Inform public policy and educational initiatives that promote awareness about mental health issues